Saturday, July 16, 2016

Introductions


A few words about myself:

My passion for everything Asia-related, began when I was only a child. Ever since I can remember I watched anime on TV, ranging from well-known and well-liked Japanese anime “Dragon Ball”, through the “Pokémon” and “Sailor Moon”, to the master’s Hayao Miyazaki full-length films. Then, as a teenager, I began to read shoujo mangas.

My adventure with Asian dramas started about 6 years ago. The first drama I ever watched was the Japanese 1 Litre of Tears. Initially limited to Japanese dramas, I marveled at Japanese idols appearing in dramas. I even started to listen to Japanese music, but limited myself only to the drama OST’s. 

Later on, I found Korean dramas, which so far are my greatest love. Initially, I only watched movies. My first film was ... ing. While my first Korean drama – as far as I can remember – was I'm sorry, I love you”.

Chinese and Taiwanese drama were the last ones to discover. One of my first dramas  was Devil beside you.

As you can see above – my favorite subjects are wistful, sometimes heartbreaking dramas, necessarily including romance and some eye-candies on which you can hang the eye and drool to the screen, through all the episodes.


A few words about this blog:

April Lowe: about Asian dramas, is a place dedicated to the Asian dramas. The idea was born from the need to share my thoughts regarding watched dramas. Have you ever watched a drama, which had such a huge impact on you, that you wanted to share your opinion with someone, but didn’t really know with whom, because your family or friends do not share your interests? Well, I had (and still am experiencing so many feeling about one of the Korean dramas, which I will certainly devote post to), and therefore created this blog.

On this blog you will find short reviews of Asian dramas and movies, my opinions on the individual series or episodes of dramas, I also plan to publish my rankings of best dramas, some comparisons of series, and everything that comes into my mind, and is in some way or another associated with Asian dramas. I will also recommend best sites to watch dramas online.

This is my first blog ever, so probably my posts will be all over the place at the beginning, but I hope it won’t discourage you to visit. I promise to post regularly. Feel free to ask me any questions.


Thanks for visiting,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment